Monday, June 23, 2008

Seriously 30 minutes...

My alarm clock didn't go off today but I managed to get out of bed anyway. Stretched out and then hit the door ready to break 30 minutes. I thought my problem last week with not being able to break the mark was my slow first mile so my plan today was to really push the first mile. I was on a 10 minute mile pace but I got slowed up a little when Lady had to pee so I dropped the leash like usual and she did her business and then caught up with me. Unfortunately for some reason I wasn't coordinated enough to keep my legs going and pick up her leash so I had to stop running to grab it and go but it was just a few seconds so no biggie. Reached the 1.2 mile mark in around 13:00 so I wasn't too far off pace. With a big finish at the end I thought I could make up that time.

The next half mile or so I drifted off...not sure exactly where by my pace was horrid. By the time I reached mile 2 and realized what happen I was already at around 22:00 so I just started pushing myself. With a little over 1/2 mile to go I was sitting at 26:00 and I kept running. I thought I had it...felt like I was finally going to get there but I guess my legs weren't going as fast as I thought they were. I finished at 30:38. Not quite the under 30 but I'm getting there.

Off day tomorrow but I'm going to ride a bike tomorrow just for fun. Until next time...

No comments: