Saturday, June 21, 2008

7 Mile Saturday

Holy sh!t...I just ran 7 miles. I don't even care about the time although I finished in 1:16:25. After I got done running this morning I thought there is no way...I did something wrong I missed a mile or something. I mean seriously I can't run 7 run miles. I mean I ran 3 miles for the first time ever like 12 days ago. Huh, weird. Double checked it on www.mapmyrun.com and sure enough I did 7 miles. Nice.

Other than that I'm honestly at a loss. Nothing whitty or clever but that's no surprise...but you can call off the search and rescue teams I made it home.

On a side note I considered leaving Lady at home today because I thought 7 might be too much for her but she's a freaking rock star. Loves it...except sprinklers at which time she tries to hide behind me as we pass. Usually not a big deal but today we ran earlier and I guess the sprinklers were set to crotch level. Not cool. I guess not all Labs like water.

On another side note I started wearing bandaids/pasties all the time now just simply because it hurts too much to rip them off 4 x's week. I figure they'll just fall off naturally like all ohter bandaids.

Back tomorrow to give more words to live by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you!! You'll be up to a half marathon in no time.

What breed is Lady? I run with my kelpie, his picture is at www.runwithdogs.com

Keep it up!