Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting Started

I have read a lot of blogs here lately. Some for motivation, some for inspiration and some just for entertainment. But after reading enough I thought hey I can do this so here we go...I'm doing this.

As for the purpose of this blog I'm going to attempt to chronicle my first marathon which will be the Kansas City Marathon, October 18, 2008. I was going back and forth between doing the half marathon and the full marathon however I decided to just go for it. I'm not getting any younger plus no telling if I will be in better or worse shape this time next year so as my friend Kurt's dad says, "If you're gonna be a bear be a grizzly" so I'm going for it.

The marathon is 18 weeks from Saturday. The longest run I have ever been on was yesterday and it was only 4 miles. Needless to say I have a long way to but I'm excited about the challenge ahead of me. So if the good lords willing and the creek don't rise I'll be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

KurtKnight said...

Sweet dog... you're in there like swimwear! Just stick to the plan and you will make it.