Thursday, June 19, 2008

First Mile Suck

Ever have one of those days where you wake up early and feel great but go back to sleep and wake up not so great? That was today. Woke up at 4:05 and decided that was too early so I went back to sleep and slept until 4:45 then got up for my morning run. That time I was groggy and not ready to face the day at all. In my lack of consciousness I ended up forgetting my band-aids and my sweatband. Not a good way with the whole runners nipple thing and I need a sweatband...trust me so not pretty.

I paid a lot more attention to my time today as I really wanted to break 30 minutes for 3 miles. The problem was I ran the first mile in around 13 1/2 minutes. Now I don't know why but I start out so slow. I do like a 5 minute walk and then run but a 13 1/2 minute mile is horrible. I finished mile 2 at around 24 minutes which is close around 10 1/2 minutes which I am fine with and then the last mile I ran in around 8 1/2 minutes for a total of 32:27 which is my best time for 3 miles but I actually was faster per mile on my 4 mile run on Tuesday. So if apply that logic to a marathon I should be running like what 6 minute miles towards the end? Sweetness.

2 weeks ago I couldn't run 3 miles now I don't even think about quiting while running it. It's like I own that distance...if by owning I mean slowly running it down over a long distance but not longer than 5 miles yet. Please. Thank you.

No run tomorrow. Then 7 miles on Saturday. Wowza.

No comments: