Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dogs Breath

For those of you who aren't blessed with humidity the only thing I can compare it to is a dogs breathe...hot, heavy, wet, sticky air. Needless to today it was humid and about 1 mile in I realized...no decided today wouldn't be the day I broke the land speed record or 30 minutes whichever came first. I was actually looking forward to running through the sprinklers, much like the 5 year old little boy who lives next door(well except I would be dressed...seriously isn't 5 too old to be naked on a slip and slide?), however there wasn't a friggin' sprinkler on in my entire neighborhood. I ended up finishing in 32:48 but the fact I didn't break 30 was disappointing but my goal is to run 26.2 and finishing 3 without walking was more important today then breaking 30.

I've read a couple places that it'll take a couple of weeks to get used to running in hotter and more humid conditions so I hope that is the case because it's not even hot yet. Running with temperatures in the 60's everyday has spoiled me fast.

On a side note I use the expression on a side note a lot so I will apologize for overusing that phrase and I will try to think of other ways to express things that I feel are on a side note.

Off day tomorrow and then 5 on Friday.

No comments: