Friday, June 20, 2008

Random Thought

I have been running a new route for the past couple of weeks and during which I have passed the same guy around 5:15 AM on five out of the seven days. He's usually trucking down a hill at the same time I am meandering up the hill. I call it a hill...it's not though. It's more of a slight incline if that but I digress. The days I see him I always think to myself 'man that guy is a runner'. Everything about him says runner: his stride, his confidence or maybe the fact he can pass me without breathing as though he's being chased by a pack of angry bee's. I think he says 'Morning' to me just so I have to make some noise back...smug b@st@rd. Actually he seems like a nice guy however it makes me wonder what he thinks about as he passes? I mean honestly you have nothing to do but thing while running so I'm sure he's thinking something. The possibilities are endless:

a. At least he's trying!
b. How is it possible for him to run yet his dog to walk?
c. Wouldn't it be easier to drive to Hardee's?

d. What are those C cups?

The best part is from here on out I will probably laugh every time i see him...

7 miles tomorrow. if there is nothing posted by 9 AM consider calling for assistance. Thanks.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just found your blog and I really enjoyed reading it. I laughed out loud several times because you're funny and because I totally relate!

You're doing fantastic--keep 'em coming :)