Sunday, November 2, 2008

Saturday +1

So the plan was to run 7 on Saturday but Friday night was Halloween and some beers were drank which lead to alarms being shut off and naps being taken so the Saturday run was pushed toot Sunday...no better way to spend that extra hour with Daylight Savings right?

The run itself was pretty bizarre to say the least. I slept in later than I normally do when I run but stil made it out the door by 630. It was extremely foggy but the temperature was great. The first 3 miles were slow and steady as normal..but then I tried to pick up the pace which lead to walking. Then something happened...my ipod went to the next song which was Kanye West...as the song started with "What don't kill you can only make you stronger" I cranked it and took off.


Lady and I were motoring...we went mile 3-5 in under 18 minutes which was easily a personal best...unfortunately my legs were toast after that but it was a blast. It was fun. It seems like it's been a while since I had a lot of fun during a long training run but today was a blast. I ended up doing around a little over 6 miles in 1:04:02 and I'm okay with that.

I wonder how many people saw me doing the robot while running? Weird.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

LMAO! There ARE SO MANY times I jsut want to bust out and dance when I run . . .but I still have yet to do it. You are a brave one HAHA