Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monday Funday

Needed to run 2 on Monday in order to stick to my plan but I had a headache and didn't want to do it (that's what she said) but I ate dinner sat around and decided to run anyway...which leads us to today's thought of the day:

Q. Of all the dogs I pass on a daily basis why is it the fatty wiener dog who decides he wants a piece of me?

A. Because, probably for the first time in a long time he/she feels like he/she has a chance. I imagine Tootsy (I gave him/her a name because he/she is now my imaginary nemesis) sees on average 12-15 people a day pass his/her territory. Some are finely tuned running machines, some are almost finely tuned athletes and some (me) look like they are trying to make it McDonald's before they cut off breakfast service.

So everyday Tootsy sees these athletes run by and he/she knows deep done with his/her tiny little legs and fat little body he/she can't catch them...no way....no how. But finally he/she has a chance. It's Tootsy's time to shine...

As I rounded the corner in front of Tootsy's lair he/she saw me before I saw him/her and he/she came charging as fast as his/her stubby little legs could carry him/her...covering the front yard in only 17 race waddles. Lady, sensing immediate danger, cut me off and tried to trip me with her leash. At this point the only thing betwixt myself and a wiener dog attack was a 3 foot ledge at the edge of Tootsy's yard...he/she reached the edge looked over and made a couple of halfhearted attempts to jump down but it appears Tootsy has a nemesis as well...that 3 foot drop off.

I quickly regained my composure at Tootsy gave me the stink eye for as long as I could see him/her. As I ran away I began to feel as though this may be a conspiracy. This entire time I thought the other dogs were barking barks of encouragement but now I'm not so sure. What if the other dogs had been warning Tootsy, telling him/her that I was coming then it occurred to me...what if the other way around? What if they were telling me to beware of Tootsy?

No comments: