Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Eventful 2 Miles

Yesterday was pretty eventful considering it was a little ole measly 2 miles. I forgot to charge my iPod so I got in touch with the Suburbs. Around 3/4 of a mile I heard a front door slam and a mom, probably around 30 +/- 3 comes storming out the front door followed by 2 kids ages 2-6. The oldest boy was bawling his eyes out yelling, "Please mommy don't go", while 'Mommy' (if that was her real name) replied "Are you going to be behave?".

Wow. Really?

The kids act up so the mom threatens to abandon them? Call me old fashioned but that is f'd up.

As I was finishing the run I took my glove off to stop my watch, causing me to drop the leash, causing me to step on the leash, causing me to give LB whiplash into my shin, causing a bruise and welt the size of a baseball on my shin (I'll take pictures in a couple of days after the bruise has really set in). LB was fine. She's tough...and adorable.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

She had it ALL wrong. You threaten to throw then into the dumpster or throw them in foster care. That how you get it done :P LMAO JK!

runnermom said...

While I have not threatened child abandonment, I do use bribery. I have been known to keep my suckers in my pockets so I will not have the two year old that lays down in the middle of the store and has a temper tantrum while everyone looks at me like- why can't that Mom control her kids? Yeah, sugar works!

On another note, glad to see you are keeping up the good work! Good luck at the Grind! I will miss being in KC for Thanksgiving this year. Last year we did a fun 5K on Turkey Day...

http://www.sportkc.com/sportkc.aspx?pgID=866&event_id=39

If you need another race, it'll freeze your hiney off, but then you can really pig out!

Run on!
Erin