Friday, October 17, 2008

Won't Be Long Now...

Today was pretty good. I spent a good portion of the day volunteering at the packet pickup for the marathon. If you runners have never volunteered to work an event you should try it some time...give back a little. I got to meet Topher, a fellow running blogger. He's a very nice guy and a great writer. I think I startled him when I knew who he was... I get that a lot.

I'm getting nervous but I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be...then again I haven't tried to go to sleep yet...that's when I've been told the nerves will really start kicking. Here's the course:

Mile 2 to 3 should be the beast...it's pretty much all up hill. It'll be the biggest challenge for me...trying to save my legs for the other 10 miles. I'll be back tomorrow with a full report. Keep on keepin' on.

1 comment:

runnermom said...

Hi! Found your blog through another blog. I am running my first half in a month. My goals are also not to die and make it sub 2:30:00! I looked at the KC run since my parents live there, but opted for another month of training. Anyway. Get past those dang hills, you'll be great! Best of luck to you!

Erin