Thursday, October 16, 2008

Last Run Before 1/2 Mary

Easy 3 miles today except it was damn cold. Upper 30's when I was first out the door...made it hard to catch my breathe. I had to have a talk with myself about 1 mile in. Seemed to work pretty well so I finished strong after stopping to stretch and call myself a few names. finished in 34 and some change but I"m not even sure right now. I'm getting really freakin' nervous. Keep telling myself that the only way I'll fail is by not showing up. Otherwise just run and have fun and don't die. Anyway that's it for today. Keep on keepin' on.

2 comments:

Topher said...

Hey Ashley, it's Topher! If you snoop around on Google long enough, you can track down anybody which is how I found your blog (keyword: "Kansas City Marathon volunteer Ashley").It was great to meet you today, but as I was driving home I thought to myself "I didn't even really introduce myself. That was rude!" So I'm sorry if I came off that way. I think you kind of caught me off guard. Same thing happened at the Hospital Hill packet pickup when Morgan asked me if I was the donut guy.

Anyway, thanks for letting me switch t-shirts. I was a 15-ish pounds lighter when I signed up 5 or 6 months ago, and my L shirt from last year has shrunk. I suppose I could solve that by just watching what I eat, but where's the fun in that, right?

Best of luck tomorrow! I ran the 1/2 last year and loved it. It's a great course and so much fun. You'll do great!

Unknown said...

Came over to check out your blog from Topher's link. Good luck tomorrow.