Saturday, October 11, 2008

Last Long Run Before My First 1/2 Marathon (working title)

So today was my last long training run before the 1/2 on Saturday. My plan was to do around 7 miles but I never really got specific. I figured I would just let me legs decide for me. I ended up running around 5 before I stopped to stretch for a long time then walked for a while before finishing strong on a hill. Total distance was around 5.75 in 69 and some change.

My foot felt fine since I wasn't using the ankle brace just the Ace bandage. My legs felt tired for a while but they came back around 2.5 miles and then I pushed it pretty hard for the next 3 miles...probably too hard if I was going further but it felt good to 'open it up' a little bit (imagine lumbering elephant). I contemplated backing off and going further but there is really no point now. I'm either ready or not. Don't have much of a choice.

Physically I can lumber 13.1 miles...mentally I'm nervous.

No comments: