Friday, July 25, 2008

Ugly...Just Plain Ugly

When I stepped out the front door this morning the ground was wet and it was sprinkling a little. The first mile started out well and I was on my normal slow 10 minute mile pace. About 6 minutes in I realized it was gonna be ugly so I slowed down (yeah I know slowed down from a 10 minute mile) and kept going. Around 1.2 miles the sprinkle turned to a rain or what I thought was rain however at 2 miles it really started raining. I contemplated cutting it short and heading home but Lady and I were already wet so why stop now. I kept on slogging (slow jog) for the full 3 miles. Finished in around 35 minutes which is the slowest I have ran in a very, very long time but I finished with no knee pain at all so that's the plan.

I haven't ran 3 miles in 3 weeks and oh my could I tell. I finished and that's all that matters but seriously it took forever. I'm planning on going to a running store this weekend and checking out some new kicks that better suited for big boys.

Keep on keepin' on.

No comments: