Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sweet Moses

The goal for the day was 4 miles...simple enough right? I got up at 430 but had to make a pit stop in the little boys room so I didn't get out the door as early as I planned so with my lack of speed lately I figured I would have to push it to get my 4 in or just go for 3. Going for 3 made more sense so off I went.

I started out like I hadn't missed basically 3 weeks. Pace and speed were even a little faster than before for the first 1/2 mile or so but then I just hit a wall. I slowed way down just so I could keep going. 1.5 miles in Lady need to tinkle and instead of just dropping the leash as I normally do (she catches up) I inexplicably stopped too. Then we walked. We walked for a while and then ran for a while then walked for a while then ran for a while then finished by slogging (slow jog) to the finish. It was ugly. It was pretty muggy out and today was my first back to back runs in 3 weeks or so plus I worked in the yard for a couple hours last night but seriously I need to get back to running.

It's all mental...at least where I am right now. I need to get my mind right.

No comments: