Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today was a Good Day

Today felt like it was a lot better even though it didn't necessarily show up in my time. I ran 3 miles in 34:03 which although slow is an improvement over earlier this week. My tempo and pace felt better and I didn't have to do the "fat man shuffle" at all with the exception of one moderate incline. It's finally coming back to me...hopefully. Additionally yesterday i got in 30 minutes of cross training on a bike. Eventually I'll build back up on the bike but I wanted to save my legs for this mornings run.

I haven't felt this good after a run in quite a while. Combination of finishing strong and actually getting a good nights sleep first probably helped. I haven't been using bandaids though and my nipples are raw...(oh man so many things I could say there but none of them are great...like Brittney Spears on dollar night--but that's not good enough--I was thinking maybe a Miley Cyrus reference but she's too young). Also my shoes are finally getting broken in so thats a plus too.

Plan for Saturday is 5 miles.

No comments: