Saturday, September 27, 2008

11 Mile Saturday

Well today was the last building run now I will taper and hopefully be 100% for the big day. Overall it went pretty well. I pushed threw tired legs and was strong for the first 7 or 8 miles or so. The problem is I took Powerade and set it to the side of the course and picked up and drank it to simulate getting fluids at water stops. After that I just couldn't keep going. I would get my legs back but mentally couldn't get back over that hump. Towards the end it was just flat out pathetic but I finished damn it so get off my arse.

As for time it was 11 miles in 2:15:08. Slow? Very. Do I care? Nope. It was around a 12 minute mile pace so if I can do a little better that day I can still finish in under 2:30 which is a legitimate goal for me at this point. Keep on keepin' on.

No comments: