Saturday, August 23, 2008

9 Mile Saturday

Typical Saturday morning where I got out of bed way entirely too early to run a distance that is entirely too far. When I stepped out the front door it was warmer than it was in the house and pretty damn humid. Almost immediately a headwind picked up and I ran into that for the first 3 miles. It made me expend a little more energy than I wanted to but my 3 mile time was pretty good. The next 6 were pretty damn ugly. I ended up walking a lot more than I expected to and that sucks but I kept going. Overall I probably walked 1/2 to 3/4's of a mile throughout the last 6 miles mainly on the uphill portions of the road.

I would be fibbing if I said I felt great about the run. The amount I walked was discouraging but that head wind in the beginning hurt me for sure. That being said I did 9 miles in 1:49:32 which sucks but I finished...so that's better than nothing.

On a side note instead of my patented sweatband I went with my dry fit visor that I got for doing the Hospital Hill 5k earlier this year (because I shave my head (chose to) I sweat like a...um...a...well damn I sweat a lot and I've been told the sweatband is dbagish). Any who the dry fit thing must be for nonsweaters not mansweaters or manateesweaters. Needless to say 3 miles in sweat was dripping off of my hat to the point I thought it was raining on more than one occasion. I've tried bandannas but the cotton doesn't pull away the sweat as well at the sweatbands. I'd say it's okay to laugh and point but you'll be so far ahead of me in won't matter.

Recovery week next week. Details to follow.

No comments: