Tuesday, August 26, 2008

< 30 Minutes?

There was a chill in the air which made the feat possible. My thought as we started the 3 mile run was if I was close at the 2 mile point I could power through to break 30 minutes. So today it started pretty well...my legs felt good after that extra day off and I had plenty of energy.

At the 3/10's of a mile spot I was under 3 minutes so that was good. At the 1/3 I was right at 13 minutes which was still on pace. Between the 1.3 and 2 miles there is 1 of my 2 biggest hills and that slowed me down so I reached the 2 miles point around 21 flat. No problem right? I've ran a mile in under 9 the last time I really tried to break 30 so I kept pushing.

I was flying...well as fast as I can possibly go. Last time I hit the 2.5 mark and was at 26 even. This time I was at 25:31. I knew I had a real good chance so I kept pushing. My legs were tired. My chest was pounding. I was hurting...hell even Lady actually had to slightly run instead of trot.

2.8 miles @ 28:10. I huffed and I puffed and I ran like the wind err a stiff breeze...okay fast for me. At this point I decided not to look at my watch in case I went over 30 that way I wouldn't let up. I pushed up the last, biggest hill and reach my stopping point. Reached down to stop my watch. Looked at the time and....30 flat. 1/10th of a second from breaking 30 minutes.

Son of a beesch. Seriously WTF? I just want to break 30 minutes. Just once. Show me something damn it...

No comments: