Saturday, August 16, 2008

7 Mile Saturday 2.0

7 miles today and it went as planned. I felt very strong for the first 3 miles. I think I was close to 31 minutes which made me pretty happy. I had to stop to stretch a couple of times and the hills gave me some trouble but I'm okay with the results. I finished in 1:20:42 and I'll take that. It felt good to fun the 7 but since I had done it before it wasn't the release it was the first time. I'm just to happy to be back to where I was before.

The only problem I has was my iPod battery died 15 minutes in to the run so the last hour I had no tunes. It wasn't as bad as I expected but still music makes the world go round.

I saw a raccoon around the 2 mile mark. My guess he was on watch and went to round up the rest of the convoy/posse/family or whatever we decided to call them. Luckily I'm pretty confident that I can outrun a raccoon.

Lastly Michael Phelps is freakin' amazing. That 100 meter butterfly race last nice was the most exciting 50 seconds I've seen in a long time. Keep on keepin' on.

No comments: