Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 1

So today was officially the 1st day back running. The schedule I'm trying calls for lifting and stretching on Monday and I added a little dog walking just for grins so today the first day I ran...well tried to run. You see I've been working out, drinking milk (actually I don't like milk) and getting strong (7 year old boy strong) but I'm not in running shape. I knew it would take a while to get my legs back so I started slow. I did run/walk intervals for about 2 miles...but it was pain free. Today was a good day...

Keep on keepin' on.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey you gotta get started somewhere, right? GREAT JOB!

Topher said...

Hey Ashley! Good for you getting back out there. Just remember that you're not the only one. I never should have taken such a long and relaxing winter break from running b/c it really is tough to get back to the level you were at before. To use your words, "Lesson learned."

If you're thinking about doing the half at Hospital Hill, I say go for it. I think it's a tougher (hillier) course than the KC Half, but I enjoyed it. I hope that enough people complained about the early tear-down last year that they'll be respectful and leave the official finish line open til the time they promise.

runnermom said...

Good for you! I know how you feel, but you have to start somewhere! it is hard to make the return, but we'll get there! Welcome back!

Erin