Tuesday, April 7, 2009

That One House

Maybe it's me (okay I'm sure it's me) but why do people block the sidewalk with their car? I live in the suburbs...2 or 3 car garages, extra wide driveways that typically run 3 or 4 cars deep...not my house but the nice neighborhood around the block where I start my run/walk whatever. With all the excess space why in the world do they have to park 28 feet from their garage and block the freakin' sidewalk.

Imagine little Tommy riding down the sidewalk on his first big boy bike and he has to swerve into the street to get around the people who block the sidewalk with their cars...is that safe? Yeah not so much. Poor Tommy.

Everyday when I pass this one house they always block the sidewalk. The one house where the dog always tries to get out and chase us. The one house where they never give you the courtesy nod or wave. I have to be honest here for a second...I want to smear dog poop all over their windows.

Keep on keepin' on.

1 comment:

Barry said...

I feel you on this one. It is probably the same house where the person is widly overweight and since they never exercise they try to run down anybody running on the road.